Saturday, August 21, 2010

When In Need...

This week I have found myself sick....really sick! What started off as a bad head cold ended up being a nasty sinus infection as well as ear ache and throat issues. I have not been hit this hard in quite a while. Last time was probably about 3 years ago. With that comes the reality that when momma is down, stuff just doesn't happen like it usually does. Nothing bad happens, it is just different.



I always find it a lovely time to be pampered by those you love. I know I always am so touched by the sweet gestures shown me during times of being down by both my honey as well as my girls. Each of them have ways they reach out to let me know they are thinking of me and wanting me to get better.



I also find these times a great gauge of what areas I still need to work on teaching domestic skills to my girls. At their ages, they are getting to where they don't need me to tell them what to do any longer as far as taking care of their rooms, self and such. However, this time I learned we need to work on meal planning and making dinner. Very good goal. :) I was touched by friends who brought me meals. I think it is times like this that leave me feeling quite appreciative and grateful that I live the life I have with the people God has blessed me to share it with.



So today, I am saying thank you to the man who took care of me all week by treating him to a lovely Bond Day! He is propped up in our bed watching James Bond galore while eating his favorite treats. Definately not my cup of tea, but if that makes him know that all he did for me this week was appreciated than I am thrilled to ablige. :) He is so cute sitting there with his loot and mote in hand. I pray I never take for granted those who take such care of me and that opportunity to spoil them when I have the chance. :) Today it is Matt, tomorrow my girls! Thanks for taking care of me so well my sweet family.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm glad you are feeling better - and I'm sorry I didn't do more to help. Last week was a little nutty for us, too, but not b/c of any illnesses... I'm hoping this week is better. And I'm praying for you as well with the big day tomorrow!

Lainie said...

Sorry you were feeling yucky! Let's celebrate your recovery by a day up here at the funny farm!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin