Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Heart Issues

Lately, I have been finding myself having to apologize to people I have hurt with my words. Hmm, shouldn't I be old enough to be able to hold my tongue by now? Gracious! Having to do so has made me stop and think....why are there times I can control that tongue with no problem and others where I can't seem to muzzle that thing to save my life!?! After going before the Lord with this and then considering the areas I have been helping my girls with this same issue, I realize that it ultimately is a heart issue.

My days have been so busy with getting school plans done, house purged and cleaned, co-op plans, more co-op plans, emails from co-op, and yet more emails from co-op that I got weary and did not lean on God to meet those needs. Instead, I relied on myself. When I am trying to tackle life on my own I will always find that I struggle to keep my tongue in check. Same is true for my girls. So if that is true, I know it to be true, why do I ever walk out of my room or my house with out pouring my heart before my God? I pray that as I seek forgiveness for my short tones, sharp words or snarky attitudes the past couple days that I will remember to seek first the kingdom of God in all ways....especially before I speak! :)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin