Wednesday, August 4, 2010

50th Anniversary Trip

We recently went on a trip with my husband's entire family celebrating his parents' 50th wedding anniversary. It was a big trip out east. We hit Washington D.C. first, then headed to New York City and ended in Niagra Falls on the Canadian side. It was great to see things I have never seen before with my girls. I enjoyed getting to spend more time with my neice and nephew on that side, which is something we don't get to do as often as we do with my side since we all live so close together. We made some great memories together. Here are a few:

All four grandkids in front of the Capitol Building

And in the Supreme Court before eating in Senate Dining Room

Miller Girls and Lady Liberty

Miller Girls at Niagra Falls

All 10 of us in back two rows! White Water Jet Boat ride...sooo fun!!!

This trip got me to thinking though, what kind of legacy will I be living when we are married for 50 years? What does our marriage say to our girls? the cousins? even siblings? I pray that it is one that shows Christ as the center, Matt as the head and me as the heart. I pray that when they see us interact, they see kindness and compassion. I pray they see love in our actions and our words. I pray that there is that spark that you know those two people still just enjoy one another like crazy. I don't think that is too much to ask for or to work towards at all. Thanks to Matt's parents for such a great trip. We sure are grateful to be able to go and celebrate your 50 years together with your entire family together. Happy 50th!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

So glad you had fun - and what great reflections, too. Welcome home! See you soon!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin