Thursday, April 22, 2010

And the Race is on....

Wow!!! I must say that whether you home school, private or public school, the pressure is always on towards the end of the year. We have so many field trip opportunities, science fair, recitals, shows, etc, before the end of May that I can hardly breathe thinking about it. The week is the start of it all and it won't slow down until the girls dance recital is over. Well, at least for me. Matt and Doodle will go to the Indy 500 the next weekend as well, but they love that so not sure it is painful for them as it would be for me. :)

Today we leave for a short camping overnight with our co-op down in New Harmony, Indiana then on a field trip with the group tomorrow. After that, our buddy from Romania is going to stay with us this weekend as she only has one month of school left before she goes home again for good. So we will drive from New Harmony to Cincinnati with great joy see her. I am praying it will be a great time of fellowship and relaxing together but fear the week ahead will take over. Here is the the plan:

4/26 Monday: co-op and set up for dessert meeting next night while girls are at BSF

4/27 Tuesday: Matt and I hosting dessert meeting for dear friend from CCU while girls go to dance.

4/28 Wednesday: Matt leaves for next three days on a business trip. Bean and I will be gone all day field trip downtown Indy with co-op Indiana History class

4/29 Thursday: Doodle and I go see "Around the World in 80 Days" in AM and all three of us go
talk to Bible Bowl about the 10000 shoes in 10 months campaign for kids in Romania.

4/30 Friday: Science Fair with co-op

5/1 Saturday: SLEEP and clean

5/2 Sunday: Church and rest....love our Sabbath!

5/3 Monday: Co-op and BSF

5/4 Tuesday: History club and dance

5/5 Wednesday: Cinco de Mayo or as we call it "our anniversary!"
The girls will begin testing that day with co-op...Iowa Test

5/6 Thursday: Iowa Test

5/7 Friday: Iowa Test

5/8 Saturday: Doodle performs with dance group and qualifications at track with Matt

5/9 Sunday: Mother's Day

5/10 Monday: Co-op, BSF and Mom's Meeting

5/ 11 Tuesday: dance then two days of NOTHING!!

5/14 Friday: Matt leaves for Chicago

5/15 Saturday: Girls and I go to Cincinnati Christian University to see Gaby graduate

5/16 Sunday: Rest and Church

5/17 Monday: Last Co-op

5/18 Tuesday: Last history club

5/21Friday: Last day of our school (hopefully)

5/22 Saturday: Dress rehearsal for recital

5/23 Sunday: Dance Recital

5/28 Friday: History club Celebration Night: Roman Feast!! and back up last day of school just in case we miss some stuff with this crazy schedule! :)

5/29 Saturday: Night before the 500 races

5/20 Sunday: Indy 500


Whew! I don't know about you, but just looking at my calendar right now stresses me out. We are not even in a lot of things but we have had the opportunity to go different places which I love to do with our schooling. Experiencing history or whatever is so beneficial to the kids really understanding what it all is about. I would not take out one field trip or show nor would I change a thing except maybe better planning on our part to not have so many opportunities at the end of the year. With that said, I am teaching my girls a valuable lesson. You see, I have one girlie who really can't stand busyness. I am like her by far. We need time to be still in order to give others what they need. However, there are times in life we don't get what we want and our attitude will determine the outcome of the event or what have you. So I am digging deep to really lean on God through this busy season because even in the busyness, God will meet my needs and will give me times of rest. He already has with giving a day or two here and there. I will let you know that come June, this girl is going to be celebrating God's provision for an empty calendar! We have nothing on it for June! woohoo!!!

My prayer for the last of this school year is that we finish with excellence. It is so easy to get frustrated or bogged down and lose sight of the goal. We are doing all we do for God so whether we like it or not, busy or not, we need to shine for Him and that means finishing well. I am eager to see how others wrap up the school year as well.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin