Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Walk Down Memory Lane Returns!


When I first started blogging again, I loved the venue that Lynnette had given me to write about special memories using her meme named, Walk Down Memory Lane. When she chose to stop that Wednesday meme, I fully understood but was so sad. I loved it! Luckily, another blog buddy, Jenilee, has decided to pick it up and so we have the return of Wednesday's Walk! Yeah!

The hardest part of writing for Wednesday's Walk is always deciding what to write about this week. Luckily, that was not so tough for me this time since we just returned from a vacation. As I stated in an earlier post, this trip is our forth to the same area with my entire family. It is amazing to me how much my girls have changed in that four year. When we first went, Doodle was 8 and Bean was 5. They look so little standing next to the ocean. That picture is the title picture on my blog. I love it. Each year, I am sure to at least attempt that same shot. So I think it seems fitting to take note of how much these two have grown in these four years.

Year One: standing by the ocean, holding a doll. They look so tiny and sweet! This was not a posed shot...they just were going to say good bye to the ocean like we always do and I saw them standing there. I did not realize how much this picture would speak to me years later.

Year Two: It was a bit rainy and cool, but we still went to say good bye to the ocean and try to pose. It was just so windy! What I see in this picture....braids! Love those braids! I also love the way Doodle is turned to check on her sister. Obviously, this was not posed either. :)

Year Three: the girls are starting to really become friends and while I did ask them to stand by the ocean, I did not tell them to put their arms around each other. So this is one of my favorite shots, yet I see them looking way too old!! This was the year I started noticing how much my girls are growing up and just how quickly time flies by. It doesn't feel like that long ago I was changing diapers, but it is! Enjoy each moment, ladies!Year Four: I still see that they are little next to the ocean but when I compare it to the first, my heart is in shock! These are young ladies not my babies any longer. I see them growing to become the strong young women God has them to be. I see them learning to worship their Jesus on their own and it makes my heart soar! So while I do miss those toothless smiles some days, what I get to witness now is the shaping of young women and I see God's hand on these girls. I wouldn't trade it for a second but I also cherish those early years...standing by the ocean, holding a doll. How quickly that changes. Here are two more shots that really speak to how quickly time is flying and reminds me to enjoy each moment while I get the honor of having these girls in my care. Such joy!
The girls enjoy Boogie Boarding every year....above shot is this year while the below shot is our first year. Gee, do you see any changes? LOL! Love it!

Bottom line, while I remember feeling overwhelmed at times with the task before me as a homeschool mom of an 8 and 5 year old, today I can say without a doubt that those days fly by and then you are standing next to two precious young ladies who are quite independent. It has only been four short years and I see that happening already. I can only imagine what the next four will display. I am eager to see it but so enjoying each day God gives me to be home with them, helping to shape them into the young women He has planned. Have I mentioned lately that I love my job?!

8 comments:

Jenilee said...

Oh, your post is beautiful... our girls do grow SO fast! what wonderful vacation pictures. and thank you for sharing your vacations with us!

the Spocks said...

Your post is beautiful. The pics are pretty as well. Thanks for the memory. Visiting from Wed's walk.

Caroline said...

What a great memory. I just love the pics and thanx for sharing.
Caroline

Linda said...

Wow...the girls really have grown and changed in four years.

These pictures are so neat, and I am glad that you have them.

Don't you love it that Jenilee started up Wednesday's Walk again? I know that I am.

My computer acts up alot and sometimes prevents me from keeping my blog posts up...but I enjoy it so much when it is working.

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

TIFFANY said...

Love your post! I've been looking back at some pictures of my kids through the years. They really do grow too fast!

Your girls are beautiful young ladies!

Anonymous said...

And I remember when it was you and all the other kids standing on the beach saying "good-bye" back in the early '90s!

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Oh...how beautiful and heart-tugging to see your sweet girls and the way they have grown. What a sweet, sweet gift to see what God has done in their lives. You are blessed among women indeed!

jamers said...

Diana, YOu are too sweet, but in the early 90's I was married! Can you believe that?! It was the mid to late 80's believe it or not! Your kids were early 90's....now I feel old! Ha! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin