Monday, April 26, 2010

Momentous Monday Begins!

Photobucket


I love finding a new blog hop to join that helps me to focus on my blessings and that is just what Tiffany's meme Momentous Monday will become for this blogger. Tiffany writes: " James 4:14 talks about how our lives are just a mist. God has used that verse to impact me in my mothering and roles as wife and homemaker in very significant ways. Because my life is just a mist, I want to make sure that I am doing everything I can to preserve and cherish the everyday moments. I do not know what tomorrow holds, but today I can count my blessings, find the glorious within the mundane, and cling to a moment cherished." So we blog about these moments and hop around to see how God is blessing others. :) Love it!

A year ago, my husband's grandma passed away unexpectedly. While we were blessed to have her with us for 95 years, her sudden departure left my girls so sad. Bean particularly has struggled as she and Gaga Rachel were buddies. This past week, I had the chance to really stop and see her heart as she brought me notes at bedtime saying, " Mommy, I miss Gaga Rachel. Can you please help me?"

I know some would say she is using that time to stall the inevitable bed time, which may be true. However, when I saw the little picture she drew of them together and look into the teary eyes of my girl, I don't care. I took the time to cuddle with her, color a picture of them together, write a note and pray together. I think Gaga Rachel would be blessed to know she is missed and that her precious bond with her little buddy is carried on. I am blessed to have taken time to help her and know that this will not be the last time we have this moment. I pray I handle the next one with the grace and patience it deserves.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin