Thursday, June 3, 2010

3 Laps of Joy!

Doodle and Daddy walking into the race track. They have a mutual love of Indycar racing.

My husband is a HUGE race fan. Truly, he would watch just about any kind of vehicle go in circles at high speed and find immense joy. I may not ever fully appreciate that same joy, but I get a kick out of watching him enjoy this passion. This week, his mom had the opportunity to drive an Indycar, but asked if her son could do it instead. All ready to get instructed on how to drive...looking the part!

So, Matt got to get behind the wheel of a true Indycar that had run the Indy 500 about 8-10 years ago and take three laps around the track at 130 miles per hour! Matt getting his helmet placed correctly and in his car.
I have never seen that man look more precious other than when he first held his daughters! Truly, I was blessed to experience this joy with him as we all went to cheer him on. It was a great day to show my girls that while we may never like the same things, we so appreciate each others passions and it does a marriage good to cheer each other on in those things that bring us joy. I love seeing my man smile...no matter how that smile gets on his face! This time, it was a car going 130mph in circles....Love it!This was the smile that made me giggle and think that we got a glimpse of what he must have been like as a young boy....true joy all over that face! What a blessing to get to see his dreams come true. :)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Yay! How fun for him - and for the rest of you to watch/experience! Glad it was such a great time!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin