Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Slants, loops and humps!

What an odd title! I know, but today is a big day at our house or I guess I should say at our school! Bean is learning how to write in cursive. While I fully understand that some people start this task earlier in a child's schooling or never at all, we have chosen to do this during third grade. Today was big for her. You should have seen her smiling from ear to ear. Even more precious to me was the fact that she did her best! I know that may not seem like a big deal to many, but for my Bean, who likes to rush through stuff just to be done, doing her best is such a gift. Today, she sat at the dining room table after we had practiced writing on the white board and she wrote rows of i's and t's as well as the word it. She was sure she could write her name. So I showed her on the white board, she practiced and added her name to her writing paper. Truly, seeing this initiative and desire to do well with this new venture makes this momma quite proud of her girl. :)

2 comments:

Kari said...

I love these types of highlights for kids. I didn't learn cursive until third grade (I'm 34 now). How fun for her!

Unknown said...

You won my caramel corn! Email me your shipping address when you get a chance! :) I hope you'll love it!
Lynnette
Get my email from the side bar on my blog. Thx.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin