Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Running off steam

Lately, my girls have struggled with bickering a bit. I know, I know! You are shocked to hear such a thing could be happening at our house, yet it is. So I have worked out a little system. I decided if they had enough energy to fight and bicker than maybe they needed to run some steam off before they said something that was hurtful or got themselves in trouble by doing something that was not acceptable. So, with that, Bean went to running one day. What I thought would be a deterrent ended up being something she loved. She went back out and ran around the fence line 4 different times each time taking our dog with her. The last time, I grabbed the camera to snap a picture of them together. These kids crack me up!
Bean running the fence line with Rocky.
Her goal was to beat him around the fence...
and she did! That girl can run!

1 comment:

christina grandstaff said...

We do the same thing at our house! I was amazed to see this post - I've never heard of another mom doing this - and I've even had some "funny" looks when I've talked about it! I agree. If they have the energy to argue and fuss - they must have enough to take a lap!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin