Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Memorable Vacation

This week's topic for So We Don't Forget is on a favorite vacation memory. Wow! I am very blessed to say that I have a lot to choose from in this category. However, one of my favorites would have to be the time the four of us went to Gatlinburg, Tennessee for a long weekend. We did meet up with some dear friends for certain activities but most of the time, it was just the four of us. That is why this is my favorite memory for the day. We often take family vacations with one side or the other which is just great. However, this time was the first trip we took alone with just the four of us. Can you believe that?! Truly, not complaining at all about the group vacations because I ADORE them. I just thought this one stuck out because it was just the four of us doing so many fun things together.

We rented a cabin named "Beary Cozy" and it was!
The girls posing in our cozy cabin.
They loved that they had their own whirlpool tub!


Matt enjoyed the cabin as well.

We packed school up with us and did that with Doodle before we headed out for the day. I was amazed at how easy it was to do that while on vacation. Naturally, we did more "travel" themed ideas such as : using bear manipulatives for math since we were in the Smokey's! I tried to make it more fun. We also learned how to find Tennessee on the map. We learned about some of the cool facts about Dolly Parton as we visited Dollywood.
Upon entering Dollywood, Doodle started dancing to the music. I think she has some blue grass genes going! :) Loved it!

The posed shot...not the smiles I wanted but still sweet!

The girls loved riding rides.


They loved watching the different craftsmen at work.

Doodle riding a roller coaster with her Daddy!!
...that goes upside down!!!! Did I mention UPSIDE DOWN!!!

We also learned about the Civil War as we visited the Dixie Stampede one evening. That was a night to remember! The food was amazing but the girls eyes were priceless when they saw the horses show up right in front of them! We had so much fun stomping for our side to win. That was well worth the money. Lastly, we took the time to drive back to visit Cade's Cove. We did enjoy walking through history in that way.


Looking sweet on our way to Cade's Cove

At the Cade's Cove church


I have many memories of very cool vacations truly. I am thankful for that gift. I am also thankful we can enjoy times when we are with extended family. But truly, those moments when it is just the four of us are so peaceful and memorable in a way I can not put words to aptly beyond priceless. :) Love it!


4 comments:

Sally-Ann said...

Love all the photos and enjoyed reading about your time spent together as a family. I understand how you feel about enjoying that special time together.

Caroline said...

Wow looks like you all had a good time & what great pics. I love cabins anyway & wish I had a log cabin house they are sooo cool. Thanx 4 sharing.
Caroline

Debbie Petras said...

That cabin looks so cute and cozy; love the wood. It certainly looks like you had a fun vacation here.

Unknown said...

Hey, that looks a lot like Branson! Sounds like a super fun trip. The pictures were fun to see.
Chums,
Lynnette

Blog Widget by LinkWithin