Tuesday, May 1, 2007

A Loving Father

So often I find myself sitting in amazement of my Heavenly Father's tender care of me. I am going through some tough family situations with my parents and siblings right now and there are times it just gets weary. I dread the drama. I don't want to add to it and yet somehow I get wrapped up in the middle before I know it. Then I fall on my knees seeking God's guidance only to be filled with His gift of undying love for me. I am reminded of what He sacrificed and why and that humbles me to no end. Who am I to get so worked up over what others are doing "to" me when I have wronged God in so many worse ways and He always greets me with open arms and encouragement. Why do I think that I need to be different than He? Am I so much better that I deserve to be treated better than I treat God or is it time this poor woman realizes that I need to treat my loving, heavenly Father with the love, respect and honor He more than deserves? Certainly I am not better than God ....I am no were near Him. He is perfect, Holy and worthy of such honor. I am a sinner, saved by grace given to me by God through the death of His son on a cross. I think that it is time I sit up, take note of who I put as the top priority in my life and adjust the list as needed. For right now, it is obvious that God is not the center...my emotions and family are. I will sit and read my loving Father's love letter to me as I let the words soak into my heart and make the changes I so desperately need to make. I am grateful that God loves me in spite of my ugliness and hurtful thoughts. I am so blessed to have a loving Father who knows my heart desires and looks to bring those to fruitition as I learn to place all of my life in His precious hands. He knows better than I ever could imagine what can happen when I let go and let Him lead me.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin