Thursday, May 3, 2007

What a Man!


As we are getting ready to celebrate our 16 years of marriage, I can't help but think about the man I am blessed to be married to as well as what a wonderful life and love we share. I am so grateful for God's gift of my honey. God knew what I would need to continue to mold me into the woman He created me to become and then He sent me Matt. Matt and I are a lot alike in many ways which makes life pretty easy most days. The areas we are least alike are the areas we needed to build the other up and encourage growth. That is so evident to me as I look at the man I see before me 16 years after our wedding. He is not the same man he was then in some areas but in many he remains the same young man I met on a blind date. The thing that grabbed my heart back then is still here....his gentleness with me and his great sense of humor. He makes me laugh more than anyone I know. Even when I am upset he can say something or give me one of his silly looks and I end up laughing like crazy. That is so nice to have around especially when things get tough. Life has so many ups and downs that being able to laugh our way through the stuff thrown our way truly has been such a blessing. Matt has grown to become the head of this family and the spiritual leader over time. I had to lay both of these titles down as I grew in my walk with the Lord and realized I had taken them on. Once I laid them down and let go, amazingly God raised Matt up to take that job. I have been amazed by watching him grow into the leader he is today. I know he will continue to grow and I can't wait to see what a change there will be in the next 16 years. His passion for his family is still the same. It has only been expanded to include his precious girls. I love watching this man with his daughters. Nothing softens my heart more. I could go on and on and on about my honey, but that could get a bit long. So with that, just saying that I am a blessed woman who appreiciates each day I get to spend with this precious man God sent to me. I love you sweetie! Here's to many more years to come!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin