Sunday, April 15, 2007

Friend, Family and Fond Memories

I was able to get away last night for some much needed time of laughing with my friends while we worked on our scrapbooks. What a joy it is to be with these women. I have great friends who see my flaws and love me anyway. I appreciate their wisdom and words of encouragement as we share our lives together. I can't wait until our next crop! My sides need some time to stop hurting from my laughing so hard!


I think the main thing God has been working on with me is my service of my family with a cheerful heart! How I am learning that I can do lots for my family and still not be in line with His plan for me. I need to make sure my heart matches my intent to serve. If my daughters ask for help, do I do that with a joyful heart or do I give off the impression that they are bothering me? I really have to work on that when I am tired after a long day of dealing with sibling squabbles. I know God will continue to grow me in this area. I also know He is the one who has placed this desire in my heart and as long as I seek Him, I will get to where He desires me to be.



I have been struggling with the loss of my grandma and do not know where to really turn to get out what my heart is feeling. I feel the need to be strong for my daugthers who still talk about how they miss her and helping do her laundry. Yet I find myself thinking of her several times a day and just wishing I could go talk to her one more time. I miss those days we went to visit her and she would just sit and listen to what was happening in my life and encourage me to continue doing what I was doing. I miss that spark in her eye when I walked in the room and the big hugs when we would have to leave. I miss her standing by the door to be able to see me walk down the hall until she knew I was gone. I miss her giggle over silly things she would do or say. I miss her getting so excited over a cherry shake from Steak and Shake. I miss her getting frustrated over games we played while we sat with her or from the girls playing wrong. I miss her unconditional love of me and my family. I know she is with our Lord and Savior now and would never want her to return to the ailing body she had here again. Yet, there are days when this grand daughter returns to the precious memories of my gram over the years and pray that I can leave that legacy with my girls and their children. Until then I pray that God will continue to heal my heart and fill it with a service for Him. Wow!! I feel so much better! Isn't it amazing what getting it out can do for you? God is so good to remind me I had this site through my friends last night. I am blessed with great friends, good family and wonderful memories!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin