Monday, April 23, 2007

Bikes, Kites and Giggles

What beautiful weather we had this past weekend! The girls played outside the entire time. I love listening to them play together while I go about my work. They had out the kites desperately trying to get them to fly and finally had some success on Saturday morning. They just squealed with delight. I sat outside and read a book while they rode their bikes on Friday. I realized at that time that both girls were looking like they were riding Shriner's mini-bikes! They had grown so much that they needed new bikes. Well, we needed to get Doodle a new bike so Bean could have her sister's old one. So Saturday we all ventured off ot a bike shop and found a bike for Doodle fairly quickly. I was so happy that we found a reasonably priced bike at this shop ( not an easy task) and that it is her last bike we will need to purchase unless something happens to this one or she just is ready to move on to a different style. She is in an adult bike now. Then we went to get a new basket, bell and streamers for Bean. She and I cleaned up Doodle's old bike added all the pretty new stuff and she could not have been happier. She loved that she was "big enough" to ride her sister's old bike. To her it was better than a new one. I think that is so cool. God has blessed us in many ways and I am most thankful that we have a child who is more excited to ride her sisters old bike made new for her than she is to have a new bike. She will get that next new bike but until she does she could not be more happy. Sunday they girls rode their bikes like crazy. This is Bean's first year to be out on the street. She was so proud riding that new to her bike out on the street. She did a great job of watching for cars and her sister did a tremendous job of letting her know when to turn or stop. They worked together very nicely. Later that night we went out with Grandma and Grandpa for dinner and the girls relayed their bike adventures on to their grandparents. As we returned home the girls were in the back of the SUV and were just making each other giggle so hard that it was contagious. Before long, the entire vehicle was laughing uncontrollably. This is why I stay home with my girls and homeschool them...well one reason anyway. I am able to enjoy all that a day will bring whether that be drying tears, dealing with character issues, or in days like these, getting to enjoy the adventures of my girls with their bikes, kites and listening to the precious sound of their giggles.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin