Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Visiting with Kay Jay

Once upon a time, I actually was a student at Ball State University. At that time, I met a sweet friend across the hall, Kay Jay. We had great times talking into the wee hours and coloring with new crayons and books during finals week.


As time went on, we both met our sweet men, got married and off we went. I always wondered what happened to her and many years later, I was walking through a homeschool convention and there she was! Cracked me up! It was a breath of fresh air to see her and reconnect. I feel that way every time I get to spend some time with her. Recently, Kay Jay's family has moved. Luckily, they moved close to where we stayed on Spring Break. So, I got to spend the day with my friend and meet her precious children, finally!  I walked away thrilled to know that time may change some things but the things that matter stay the same. I am so thankful to have such heart friends all  over the place that when we see each other we just pick up right where we left off. Thanks for hosting us for lunch and swim time, Kay Jay! I hope you enjoy the sweet pictures of your little guy and his new gecko friend. :)

 Sweet boy loved the gecko the girls found on a noodle.
I love the look on his face as he shows his mommy what he found! Precious!
The little gecko had a mind of its own...which made the little one a bit curious. 

I loved getting to hang out with all the kids and KJ. :)

I realize I will not see my friend until next Spring Break most likely, however, I also know through facebook, email, texting, we are walking through life, serving our Lord and raising families who do the same. I look forward to spending time catching up with her again...until then.....we make her guacamole! :)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin