Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Spring Break 2012

The girls and I returned to Destin, Florida with my entire family for Spring Break this year. My sweet husband has taken over the dental practice so he could not join us at this time. We are praying he will soon be free enough to leave with us, but for now, we are grateful for all he does so we can go with family to such a beautiful getaway. Since my man was not going, I hated the thought of driving myself down there, so I grabbed a ride with my parents. ;) Love that! I really enjoyed the time with my girls and parents on the way down to our first stop in Tennessee. We had just lost our dog and were all feeling a little sad, but the calm music and rainy day helped. 


My brothers girls with mine sad about no bus to take us
 to the beach the first night for a beach walk. :(

Once we got to Destin, we were in a condo with my brother's family. It was really a nice week together. I felt so good leaving knowing that we all had been given a sweet time together to reconnect. Sometimes we all get so busy in our own lives, we lose track of each other and that always makes my heart sad. However, I loved getting to joke around with my nieces and nephews on the beach and around the condo.  I am grateful to have parents, siblings who get that spending time together is more important than any gift they could buy for us. We truly adore those moments of just us....sitting around talking, laughing, doing life. 

My sweet nephew digging in the sand...love this kids laugh!!!

 I tend to be the resident photographer for our family so I enjoyed getting to take some shots of our sweet crew hanging out through the week. I loved watching the kids taking night walks....
My brother's girls with mine again on successful night walks. :)
 ....being silly...

 ....hanging out with their parents, aunts/uncles, grandparents and cousins....
 Moments like this are why I adore these trips: Daddy and daughter walking along



 Oldest nephew looking more and more like a 
man and less and less like a boy. Love him!

My sweet girls

 I loved the day the girls and I went to a beach by ourselves too. While we enjoyed spending time with everyone, there was still a sweetness about being there together with no one else. I love watching my girls play together and nothing soothes my soul like the ocean waves hitting the shore line. I think with each wave that rushed over my feet, I was washing away the worries that were there. I felt nothing but peace. Truly a gift.

 The last day we always try to get a picture of all eight cousins lined up in front of the ocean. Sadly, this year it was raining and for some reason, the kids didn't want to stand in the rain. Huh...go figure! :) I think these pictures grab my heart more every year as the kids get closer to leaving the nest. These eight have no idea how much they are prayed over, planned for and loved. One day, my prayer is that they will all still find time to meet up for some fun time together...and just maybe it will be all lined up by the beach in honor of Nana and Poppy. :)

And of course...before they leave, I surely hope they will circle up for prayers as we always do before hitting the road. I am blessed to be a part of this family. No matter how hard life may feel sometimes, I always know they are on my side and love me in spite of our differences, which there are differences. We don't always get along perfectly, but we do love each other and want the best for each other. I pray our kids see that loving each other means work and not taking each other for granted, saying sorry when you are wrong or forgiving when wronged. I pray they see in us the fingerprints of Christ and want to share that wherever they go. 
What I pray my girls think of when they remember these trips: 
a family that prays together. 

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin