Friday, January 28, 2011

Blizzard Bloghop

Blizzard  Bloghop 2010 hosted by Household 6 Diva

What fun! I am participating in the Blizzard Bloghop. I am hoping it will help me to shake off those winter blahs and refocus as I start a new year of blogging our family's activities and lessons God has prepared for me to learn. So this first blogpost with the Bloghop, I am to introduce myself. So, this is me and my sweet man, who I have been married to fo 19 years:



And these are my two girlies which I homeschool and always have:

Bean and Doodle

I write my blog for me really, but it started as a way for me to jot down those special events and little moments of our day through the journey of homeschooling. I had no intention of writing more. Little did I know that God would use this blog as a way to reach my heart more and to allow me to see His hand in all we do. I write about schooling, family, modesty, various projects and just life at our home. I hope to focus more on what God is showing me through His Word as well as His creation this year. My focus for this year is becoming a cheerful servant to my family and those around me. I think I need to work on the cheerful portion a lot more than I care to admit! :) Regardless, enjoy looking around at Doodlebean Adventures. I will do the same as we hop through winter together!

3 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Nice to meet you. You have a beautiful family.

Mimi N said...

Dropping by from the blog hop. You have 2 beautiful daughters. I was not gifted by the Lord to teach my kids at home! You didn't explain about your 2 daughter's in Romania. What are they doing there?

If you figure out how to be a cheerful servant to your family could you fill us in on how He taught you? =)

~Mimi @ Woven by Words #224

Beth said...

Hi! I just read a comment on Peaceful Home's blog that you left about adoption! It almost made me cry! I met Laine through 4H...I'm a fellow Hoosier and live in the same county as she does.
We are ALSO working on adoption, from Africa and are close to the same place as she is in her homestudy!
I can't wait to see my child's (or children's) fac/faces when God finally works it all out for us! He is opening doors for us that are miraculous...from allowing us to buy a house we will have paid off and enabling us to have me stay home with our young ones and directing our steps with the adoption! God is incredible and I'm finding that out more and more each day!
Blessings,
Beth

Blog Widget by LinkWithin