Thursday, January 20, 2011

Support is Amazing

I know reading that title some of you ladies might think I am going to discuss under wire...but nope, not going there. :) I just felt the need to share what amazing friends I have after experiencing their loving support at Bean's baptism. I think Matt and I both felt overwhelmed by the outpouring of family and friends who came to support Beanie. We had both sets of grandparents, all siblings, all but one of their spouses, all but 2 cousins, and lots of friends both new and "seasoned". :) It was truly precious.

Daddy and Bean getting ready for her big moment!

As I flipped through the pictures of that sweet moment and the times following at lunch, I was brought to tears...good ones....when I got to this picture:


These two ladies, Lori and Lainie, are two of the four ladies I call and have called during lifes most precious moments as well as the most frustrating moments. I can not tell you what a blessing all four of these women have been in my life and continue to be with each celebration or struggle. What I pray is that we will continue to do life together and support one another as our kids grow up. One day, we might actually be able to eat lunch together again! Ha! Until then, we celebrate these milestones in each other's children's lives and pray fervently for one another. What a blessing to have support of women of God who love me enough to tell me I am out of line with God's Word or to cry when I cry, laugh when I laugh or scream when we both are needing a good scream. Being loved unconditionally is a beautiful thing. I pray they know it is mutual! :) Love ya ladies!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Janie - I just saw this today... what a sweet blog. It is such a privelege for me to walk alongside your family through the amazing times (even times that don't seem amazing end up amazing when you guys allow God to do what He does best - bring beauty from from all things, even ashes). I appreciate your willingness to be used by God to keep me doing what I should be doing - thinking 'what is true'. I treasure you and feel you are more like a precious sister than just a friend -and through Christ, we are sisters and I am so thankful. Thank you so much!!
Hugs...

Lainie said...

Love ya too, sista!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin