Monday, January 17, 2011

Change is in the Air!

Mmmm...can you feel it? With each new year, I find myself seeking out ways to improve myself or really ways to become more of the woman of God that He created me to be. Not so much into setting New Year's resolutions really. I just enjoy the clean slate and fresh start to being who God made me to be! So with that, comes change. Some of my friends really hate change. Sadly, I think I like it because I am so easily off focus! I really struggle when things are too structured because I enjoy change typically.

So what's on the agenda for changing this year, you ask? Well, I have been in a slump with my quiet time for some time now. I know what I need to function in the job God has called me to as a wife, mom and homeschool teacher. I can not do any of those with out that time with God. And yet, I have been choosing extra sleep, chores, playing on computer, talking on phone, reading books...etc...to replace that time I so desire with God.

When I do take that time, I am so refreshed and blessed beyond words. I see Him in all of my day. I can feel Him with me and He helps me to speak the words that I need to or to silence me when I need to not speak. Oh, how I need to be silenced more than I would ever dream!

So first things first, I am really enjoying being a part of this new group of women who meet with God and then share what He is showing them through that time. It is called Good Morning Girls. I have followed the blog of the founder for a while and am so encouraged by her so I felt it would be something to have accountability in this goal of meeting with God each morning before my girls get up. Those of you who know me, know that I am not good at mornings. So this is a sacrifice indeed. But, I already feel the difference. I am beginning to see God in all of my day again. I see Him in the laundry I do by realizing that each piece of clothing He has provided. I see Him in the meals I prepare as I realize that He meets our every need. I see Him in my children as I witness childlike faith first hand and realize how I need to seek God. Oh, the joy of obedience! There will be more changes coming. But for now, that is the biggest and oh my, the sweetest. It has been way too long!


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin