Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Phase One and Two and Three!

Yesterday I shared that we are in the process of painting and setting up Doodle's new bedroom as she enters her teen years. She is very excited that she is picking the colors, designs etc. It is hard to believe that when we moved into this house 10 years ago, she was 3 and I was the one making all the decisions. Regardless, this time it is her and I could not be more excited to see her taste growing through this process. I have taken a few pictures of before and during the process so far, which involves saying good bye to the playroom walls, which my sister-in-law and I painted 5 years ago.
My little hills full of flowers with Bean's choice
of yellow on top since it would become her room.

Then we had all of the cousins paint flowers with their fingers all over the wall to add that sweet touch. That was the wall that really hurt to cover up. Transitions are hard for all of us....no matter how old! :)

The infamous cousins flower wall....each one of those petals has a sweet little face to go with it. Such sweet memories.

So after we sanded the flowers down, we had to prime over them to make sure they do not show up through the new paint color. For some reason, Doodle really doesn't want those flowers anymore...go figure! :)

Both girls helped with sanding the flowers off the wall.


The same cousins flower wall once I finished priming
those precious flowers....I had to walk away for a moment. :(

After sanding everything, filling the holes in the wall from pictures being hung, we had to sweep up our mess. Bean loved that!
Bean is quite the little helper

Next came my personal favorite job..(note the sarcasm)....painting the ceiling! Woohoo! Love it! NOT! However, last night, Bean, Matt and I were able to punch it out in an hour. Where was Doodle....finding her happy!:)

Doodle curled up finding her happy....no messes in that bed! :)

She is an early to bed, early to rise kind of girl so when we decided to paint the ceiling late last night, she offered to help but really there was not enough room for all of us to do it, so she headed to bed, thanking Daddy for his hard work. After getting going, he decided to let Bean give it a shot. She did a good job. I think Doodle would have liked trying but I was secretly wishing I was doing what she was by that point....sleeping! :) So, today we paint the new color on the wall. A color I did not pick. A color I love...a beautiful shade of blue aptly named Ariel!

Doodle painting her room.

My girls decided I needed proof I painted. Took pic when I wasn't looking! :)
Beanie got into the painting action!
The last flower on the wall....
Beanie struggled to paint over it.
See...I'm not the only sap around here. :)

Having your kids help with these projects just make them more fun. I love having a family that enjoys doing all things together whether it be riding rides at Disney World or painting a room! What a true blessing!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin