Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Double Dutch Days!

The other day we had two of my nieces spend the day with us. The girls love having cousins over to play. It just so happened that I had just purchased new jump ropes and hula hoops for the girls to enjoy. I'm all for simple fun in the summer. I guess I am all for simple fun all the time really. Anyway, I must say I enjoyed looking out my window and seeing the girls all wrapped up in a Double Dutch tournament. It was so fun! Naturally, I grabbed the camera and headed outside to soak it all in.
All four cousins chanting along while taking turns jumping.

Little Bit trying to figure out the rythym of jumping rope.

Beanie jumping with all her might.


Doodle's turn.

NayNay's jumping high indeed!

Now I need to remember next time to put the camera down and join in! I just am thrilled to see all the kids enjoying simple things in life that bring such joy. Truly there is not much to jumping a rope. But the memories these girls will have for years to come of the days they enjoyed double dutch or whatever else they sang...well those are just priceless moments.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin