Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Top 18

Today we celebrate 18 years together. 18!!! That sounds so long and yet when I consider my grandparents 65 years, we have just begun. This journey together has been such a blessing to my life and a true gift from God. So in honor of our 18 years together, it seems only fitting that I make a top 18 list of things I adore about my man. This is easy.

1. His generous heart towards others.
2. His smile that beams when he sees any of his girls.
3. His eyes that twinkle when he is looking at me. :)
4. His servant's heart
5. His great work ethic and desire to make a difference not just money.
6. His faith in Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior
7. His giggle when he sees physical humor....makes me laugh so hard!
8. His ability to make anyone feel comfortable around him.
9. His ability to play with our girls and let the stuff wait.
10. His tender care of all of his girls.
11. His silly faces he makes in order to get me to laugh when I feel sad or angry.
12. His strong hands that I get to hold or that hold me when I am sad, tired, etc.
13. His cute little legs that have not changed at all in 18 years!!!
14. His desire to pass on a legacy of faith to our girls over money.
15. His understanding nature of my need to help my family and those around me.
16. His encouragement of my new things and ventures God puts me on.
17. His joy when he sees his family each night.
18. His tears when he watches his girls soar.

While some of these are less serious than others, they all make up the man I adore. I love all that these things say and so much more. I always thought that we would never love each other as much as we did when we first married. Little did I know that the gift of marriage is learning that as you grow together in your marriage, you grow more and more in love with that person. It becomes a self-less love instead of the selfish love we all start out with. I have loved digging in life's trials with this man for 18 years and can only imagine what we will feel when we reach our 65 years. Love you honey! Te iubesc foarte mult!
Me and My honey at Panama City Beach on Spring Break

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Happy Anniversary guys! You are such a blessing to our lives - and are such a good example of a Christian marriage and family. May God richly bless you with MANY many more years of celebrations and memories. Try to enjoy this day. :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin