Thursday, November 18, 2010

Just Words

Do you ever have those days, weeks, months or even maybe years where you feel you are just in a funk and not be effective for God no matter what you do?! I know that is a lie straight from the pits of hell and I also know that choosing to stay at that place keeps us from growing closer to God or doing what He has called us to do. Sometimes I am able to snap out of that mode very quickly with a great Quiet Time, song, prayer time....whatever helps me focus on God and off myself.

However, this week, God used a student at our co-op to reach out to me and grab hold of my heart. This has been a very stressful and emotional week as the Teaching Day Coordinator at our co-op. We have had a lot of decisions to make about some touchy issues. I will not go into the details but trust me to know that I am not good at confrontation and God is stretching me. So when I got on my Facebook account this afternoon I had the following post on my wall:

Hey Mrs. Miller!! :) i just wanted to tell you how i much i love you and how much your familia means to me! ♥ thanks for bein' such a model of Christ and always liftin' me up towards Him and encouraging me. i love bein' around yall...i just want you to know im prayin' for you. and that i love you so very very very very much ♥
Those words were just what I needed to hear today. This week has left me feeling weary to do what God has called me to do yet I know that when God calls us to do a work, no matter what that work may be, He also equips us. So today, God used a sweet 16 year old girl from our co-op to reach out and touch my heart, restore my faith in what I am doing and encourage me to not give up the good fight. So, if you are reading this post, sweet girl...thank you from the bottom of my heart for keeping my focus right were it needs to be...on God and off me. :)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin