Tuesday, July 20, 2010

True Treasures

Beanie's birthday party at the lake was so much fun! I would love to share pictures, but we had a little tragedy while there. As one of the girls was passing the camera to me, she let go before I had it and it landed in the lake!!! My first reaction, praise God, was not anger! It was a panic to find it, but not anger, which is a big deal for me as I LOVE pictures. She was so apologetic and truly did not mean to do this. Matt went ahead and took the kids out to tube while I waded through the muck and mud to find the thing. No luck! I was sure it was a lost cause which at that point, I did have to text a couple friends/sister to remind me that my pictures on that were not what mattered. Losing one year of birthday pictures is nothing compared to losing the respect of your daughter by putting a thing ahead of her heart. So, when they returned, my spirits where back to where they needed to be for a party. She got off the boat and immediately told me that she wanted to buy me a new one. I reassured her that the camera is not what I was worried about at all, yet I wanted to retrieve the pictures if possible. I stated again that she is much more important to me than any camera or pictures....so not to worry. It was an accident. She decided to go trudging for that thing though. No luck either. So when Matt heard all of this, he decided to give it a try. You know what...God does amazing things through our men. I mean, I don't know how long I was in that nasty mud but I did not just stand there for two minutes and climb out! Regardless, he found it. The card dried out and does work so pictures are safe. Camera on the other hand is toast. My girl, reassured that God answers prayers, even little ones about cameras, because she had been praying about that camera/pictures the entire time they tubed. I'd say that is a lesson in finding the true treasures in life indeed!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin