Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Lake House Fun!



We do enjoy our time at the lake house with Matt's family. Most of the time, at least his parents are there and sometimes his sister and her family are able to join in the fun. However, we also really enjoy those times when it is just the four of us there laughing and spending time together. This past weekend, we had some time with just the four of us at the lake and it was just precious. As soon as we get there, the girls are usually upstairs getting ready to do what they love.......



jump in the lake!



This weekend was great because Matt caught a large mouth bass which he was so excited about.

But the girls were excited over something else....


Matt got in the lake to swim around with them and then he started goofing off as all good daddy's do. He was throwing them in left and right. When all of a sudden, things turned on him....


The girls started working together to get him in the lake. At first, there was no budging. He held tight to the dock and had no problem holding them off ....until




the girls decided to each take a side and work together. Once they did, the girls were able to get him close enough to the edge and get him in the lake.

And there was celebrating galore!






After our little wrestling around on the dock, the girls went tubing until the sun went down. I love it when they tube at sunset!







I love spending time together no matter where it is truly. However, there is something sweet about those days at the lake house when we are the only ones there. Just soaking up the sweet memories and laughter galore. I adore it. I pray I never get so frazzled or focused on a task that I lose the chance to catch those moments that bless me so much and remind me just what a mighty God we serve. I pray that my girls will always relish those times they spend at the lake, camping or wherever making memories that will last a lifetime. I am pretty sure Matt will be talking about this fish for some time to come and I know we all know what the girls will be talking about for years to come...the day they threw Daddy in the lake! Precious!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Looks like SO. MUCH. FUN. :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin