Saturday, May 23, 2009

One Catepillar turning into a Butterfly


Bean being silly at home...what we all see all the time and she rarely shares with others.
Our girl is a nut!

For those of you who know our family, you will not be surprised to hear me say that my youngest daugther, Bean, is terribly bashful. This has been something we have worked on since she was a little toddler hiding behind my pantsleg or running behind her daddy. Over the years we have talked with her, prayed with her, challenged her, reminded her what is expected and at times we had to scold her for being rude to someone. However, recently we are noticing something about our girl. She is really starting to shine on her own.
Bean and her buddies from Bible Bowl.

She is loving this new church we have been at for a year. She is involved in Bible Bowl and the Sonshine Kids Choir. Doodle does not go to the choir with her because she is too old now. (can you imagine!) This year, they put on two different musicals. They were sweet. The first time, she didn't want to even sing.
Bean "singing" with the Sonshine Choir in November 2008.

Then the second one she told me she was going to audition for a solo! What!?! My girl? I encouraged her to do it but then she realized she would have a spotlight on her she knew she didn't want that yet.

Bean showing a bit of the "confidence" she has acquired.

However, at the end of the performance with her friends, she did tell me next year she wants to try out for one of the speaking parts. So I am not sure what all of this means. I truly don't care if she ever is in a musical with a speaking or singing part, but what I do love seeing is my girl starting to fly. She is not needing to hide behind my legs now as often. Every once in a while she still does but for the most part, she is truly becoming this beautiful little lady...she has her wings now. Precious!


Bean has met wonderful friends at our church.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin